The Emmanuel Reformed consistory believes “it’s time” to resume worshipping in our sanctuary together. On Sunday, July 12, we began meeting in a revised manner. To insure that all who attend will be afforded as safe an atmosphere as possible, we will have the following precautions in place:
- One service is now being offered at 9:00 a.m.
- Reservations will be necessary to meet the guidelines. 100 total attendees, including praise team and sound techs will be allowed at the service. Reservations will be taken on a first come, first serve basis and handled as follows:
- Reservations open on Tuesday and carry through to 11:00 a.m. Saturday morning. Call or text the Emmanuel Reformed Church reservation line at (815) 213-8715 and leave your name, how many attending and contact number. Ex: Denise VanBoeckemastra, 4 people will attend, contact number. When the maximum is reached, you will be notified. *If you need to cancel your reservation, please call or text the reservation number.
- The 9:00 service will also be live-streamed.
- For now, no nursery will be provided.
- Masks are STRONGLY recommended for the duration of the service. Masks will be available at the door if needed.
On Sunday, please be aware the following adjustments/changes will be in place as you enter:
- The double doors under the canopy will be open 20 minutes before the service to enter the main sanctuary.
- Ushers will seat you from the front of the sanctuary to the back. Special exceptions for disability or special needs will be made, however, please be understanding with this process as your “normal” seat may not be available.
- Bathrooms on the main floor will be available.
- Every other pew will be marked in red for non-use.
- Pew Bibles and Hymnals will be removed.
- Bulletins will continue to be emailed – feel free to bring your own copy.
- Family groups are encouraged to sit together whenever possible.
- Please be cognizant and respectful of social distancing.
- Unfortunately, one of the top ways for the virus to spread is singing. There will be some adjustments to our congregational singing. Praise teams will continue to lead us as they have been together through the whole process. Despite the changes, we will still be praising the Lord together.
- Offering plates will be at the door at the exit of the sanctuary.
- Bottled water will be provided at the entrance for those who would be blessed by a bottle of water.
- You will be dismissed by the ushers from the back to the front and asked to flow directly outside.
- Stay tuned, as changes may be needed.
Please understand that these precautions have been put in place to protect ALL participants in attendance. By taking these precautionary steps, our hope is to avoid any breakouts or issues which would result in having to shut down. We do ask those who are sick, have a fever, are symptomatic, or have underlying health issues to please stay home and worship with us on livestream. There is no judgement!! Our prayer is our worship will be joyful, uplifting and God honoring, regardless of our physical limitations/circumstances. Matthew 18:20: To God be the glory!!
~ Your Consistory